Tuesday 6 November 2018

Poetry Corner V


Recent weeks have been tumultuous in my life, and as such I haven't had time to fully process and reflect on events, let alone write about everything that has been going on. Suffice it to say that I shall be bringing the edited version to these pages, as soon as time and cognition allows, for those of you who find my mental meanderings interesting..

In the meantime, here's are this months three poetic offerings, straight from the rabbit hole of my mind and up onto the surface.

Have a blessed November folks.



Forward March


Absolutely free
To be absolutely me,
It's all absolutely fine
Now I see it all so clearly.

I make no excuses,
Got my purpose and my uses,
But through past abuses
I've let my people down.

So this is me restating
There'll be no more hating,
No pointless time-wasting,
As there's so much to do.

I'll forgive myself, if you do,
Get on with what we're meant to,
Stand up for what's really true
And help others do it too.

So lean on my shoulder
And I will be your soldier,
As we gradually grow older
Together, ever onwards.


R. C. Greenlow
[05.11.2018]




What Negativity?


Fed up with their whining,
Or am I the complainant?
They’ve got me second-guessing
And the hypocrisy is blatant,
But I know who I am inside
Despite all the cruelty around.
I’ll never stand down,
I’ll just hold on for the ride.

The stuff that really matters,
Over which I have no control,
Drives my mind half crazy
And claws right at my soul.
Through all the self-searching,
I find myself here again
Holding this familiar pen,
While my senses are lurching.

Is this normal or wrong?
Is this a poem or a song?
Will it always be this way?
What am I trying to say?

Am I too indifferent?
Not even sure that makes sense,
Surely I’m too self-assured
To sit on the fence?
Stay strong they say,
But what do they really know?
I’ll just go with the flow
And deal with it my own way.

Is this normal or wrong?
Am I going on too long?
Will it always be this way?
What was I going to say?

Is this how it will be?
Will my doubts fade away?
And, eventually,
Will I know what to say?


R. C. Greenlow
[03/10/2017]




Learning, Slowly


Life is all about endings and beginnings,
The old has to die for new things to begin,
We’re breathing through cycles of hope and fear
To try to clear a path to a future we can’t see.

Clarity is in short supply, so we hide behind
The cold comfort of our outdated excuses,
But nothing good ever comes of our refusal
To accept that change is, ultimately, inevitable.

Incredible then, to imagine ever having not known
That what we reap in life is the harvest we’ve sown!
Alone, we design and manufacture our own destiny,
The rest of the story rests purely on our coping abilities.

I don’t have answers to more than a mere fraction of things
That we all have to ponder and negotiate and decide,
If we are not to simply hide from the inevitable rising tide
Of life’s meandering path towards the gaining of real insight.

One thing I truly do know for sure though is this fact;
That how we act is a reflection of our innermost thoughts,
So surely we ought to be always improving our thinking
In order to be rising up, instead of just slowly sinking.


R. C. Greenlow
[06.11.2018]



Copyright ©2018 Richard C. Greenlow. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is welcomed and appreciated, more than you know! If you feel like it, let me know your thoughts. Its good to talk, and even better to receive feedback as a writer. Peace out.